Friday, March 11, 2011

Super Saturdays are Fast Approaching!

On the presidential campaign trail, they have Super Tuesday. Here in JSA state elections, we have Super Saturdays. Why not just one? Because we're awesome enough to have three.

The first of these, of course, is in just eight days! It's the Angeles Region One Day (entitled Global Gambit), and it will be held at John Burroughs High School in Burbank. It's going to be not only the first of the Spring One Days, it's going to be the first chance I have had since Congress to make an impression on you all--the fantastic people of Southern California JSA.

The Saturday after is our second Super Saturday--the Southern Empire Region One Day. This is my home region (semi-related note there), and from what I've been hearing, this will be at Whitney High School. Although I'm not entirely sure if that's the set location just yet--once again, I'll keep you all posted.

The third Super Saturday of the season--until Spring State--is the Conejo Valley Mega-Con (in all informal reality, the CIR One Day). What I've heard is that it will be at Newbury Park High School on April 9th, although that is subject to change.

Why do I call these Super Saturdays? Well, first off, they certainly are super--these events typically draw larger crowds than the Fall One Days, and the high school venues make them feel more at home than at a university or hotel. Secondly, even though no primaries are occurring here, these are the three biggest chances that I'll have to convince you why I believe I am the strongest candidate for Speaker of the Assembly. All I can hope is that you all agree!

And with that...I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment